Sunday, December 21, 2008

growing pains

I've been thinking about a lot of things today.  Mostly due to finally having a moment or two to myself for reflection and inspection.  This has been one hell of a semester for me.  I took too many credit hours, only to find that I'd have to wait/work until August 8th to graduate.  A blessing and curse in disguise.  I now have three additional months to figure out what the heck I'm going to do post-graduation.  

On a whole though, 2008 seemed to have been a year of growth and change for me.  Interesting that I used the word "change"...  the Obamamania has penetrated my subconscious.  As I look back in my journal from the previous year I can see how I've grown to become more comfortable in my own skin, in my relationships with friends and colleagues, and with the world around me.  Some of the growing pains which accompanied much of the year's transformation are now humorous and sweet.

No comments: