Friday, July 3, 2009

say hello to my little friend

I was so excited about going to the beach, I forgot my camera.  However, I feel it is important to note I attempted to do some recruiting for my crab army.  Ghost crabs, mother nature's mercenaries.  Below is what my most hopeful candidate looked like.  I talked of catching one... but I was not successful.  They are quicker and smarter than I.  Ninja skills are in need some work.  I love how their little eyes stick up.  I want eyes like that.  Perhaps it is time to make a hat...

Ocypode quadrata (Ghost Crab)
Picture obtained from the internet.

While observing the crabs I overheard a woman explaining to her small child how God put the crabs on the earth to dig in the sand.  She then continued on to explain how God gave them pinchers for protection.  Seems like if this God had his ish worked out properly he would have given these crabs a shovel or scoop of sorts.  But what do I know, I'm no theologian.  But, I am very good at eavesdropping on random strangers conversations.  Four women on the other side of us were discussing careers as pinup girls.  Very interesting.  I wonder God's rationale on that.  I love public beaches... you get all kinds of freaks and weirdos.

No comments: