Saturday, January 16, 2010

what did i come down here for?

The new year has snuck in and made itself quite at home. Since the close of 2009, I've been in a odd place as far as wanting to write about my adventures and thoughts. Most of the time, I feel that the deepest and most profound things I have to say are lost in the storm cloud of my mind. Floating about. Morphing. Meshing.

My emotions complicate these thoughts even more. Adding a coarse additional layer to ponder and mull over. Instead of fully processing these blobs, I've been piling them up. I'll externally be upset for a day or two. Feel uncomfortable. Cry. Release... but not only partly. I keep a piece and stash it away to revisit later. Eventually causing the clutter and piles of half finished thoughts, ideas, projects and feelings which currently overwhelm and consume me.

This morning I took a deep breath and resolved to clear the clutter. The next hardest thing... where do I start?

Going to take another deep breath and start from the top. Work my way down. Slowly pick away at the layers. Perhaps there's buried treasure somewhere beneath the muck.

No comments: