Monday, February 16, 2009

ver todo

One of my favorite blogs, Book by its Cover, posted this gem recently.  While I'm oddly not as fond of the finished, polished pieces, I'm blown away by these sketches.  The artist is Spanish illustrator, Iker Ayestaran, and you can see his personal site here.  Click 'Ver todo' under the illustration to see more of his work.  (Ver todo translates to 'to see all', WOOOO Spanish is paying off!).

The sketches remind me a lot of Colin's style, yet vastly different.  Colin's sketches are always a bit darker... while Ayestaran's seem more innocent and light.  Not that one is better than the other, just an observation.  Speaking of Mr. Colin, he SO needs to finish two of the pieces he's working on... and has been working on since I met him almost two years ago.

No comments: