Sunday, August 3, 2008

journal entry: june 11, 2008

This morning I awoke to the most beautiful place I've ever seen.  It was wonderful.  I wasn't completely awake, so it all still felt like a dream.  I stumbled sleep drunk, happy high, to the tea jug.  After tea, we did some light yoga to stretch out our tired, sore bodies.  If only yoga could always be done in such a setting.  The cows, ponies, and water buffalo gathered around to watch.  It made us all laugh.  Even the animals find us an amusing spectacle.  Breakfast tasted amazing, but immediately after eating it I felt like I was going to vomit.  I didn't want to bother anyone, or gross people still eating out, so I went into the forest to try to reconcile things with my unhappy body.  Body and mind were not one today.  Two shits and several vomits later, I dragged my suddenly wretched body into a tent and laid down.  By that time people had noticed my absence and come to the conclusion that I was getting sick.  I started getting chills.  Kite brought me some Pepto, and Pavlos made me sit by the kitchen fire.  He gave me some root to chew on (which I have to figure out what the hell it was later).  I drank some chai and was feeling better as suddenly as I had felt worse.  It was so intense and sudden.  I have no idea what to make of it.

The hike down was significantly better, for me at least, than the way up aside from feeling like shit on and off.  I spent most of the time chatting with Berkley, Prudence, and WordMaster.  It was overall wonderful.  It got significantly hotter as we got farther down the hill.  Again I'm highly thankful for my boots.  I'd be in awful shape if I didn't have them.  Must somehow repay Erin, Tturtle, and Jdawg when I return.  They got me relatively well prepared for this and really the trip in general.  The pack I got for this is awesome, as is most of the things they recommended I consider bringing.  It really has made my time significantly easier.  I think most of the group also probably owes them a thank you.  People borrow things from me all the time.  I don't have much.  But I always have enough.  Crazy how much material things one really needs.  

The most interesting thing going on right now as I sit in front of the guest house is a government sponsored seminar/workshop going on just down the hill.  I can see it clearly from where I'm sitting, and hear it since they are announcing things over a PA.  Unfortunately I can't understand what's going on because its all in Hindi.  I would be interested to hear what exactly is being presented and in what way.  Alas.  Next trip, I'll know Hindi.  

The weather is beautiful today.  It's warm, clear and sunny, and very breezy.  It's another day of perfection.  Paradise.  And it's only noon.  The entire day is mine to read and relax

No comments: