Sunday, January 25, 2009

hat


So while reading the news online today (I had to cancel my Sunday subscription to the NYTimes.  I couldn't afford it anymore and felt silly since you can read it online.  Unfortunately it's not the same, but times are lean), I was reading an article about Bolivians backing a new constitution and thought about how much I love how the indigenous women wear these awesome bowler hats.  I really love the style and dress as well.  Very bright colors and vivid textures.  While there is something almost comical about it, I admire and find it very beautiful.

3 comments:

Colin said...

if you want one we have them at alternatives. . . the hat not the women.
also the shawls they wear (forget the name)

Colin said...

um that comment is erin, not colin. he forgot to sign out.

Hmm. . .I could get him in all kinds of trouble. . .

Liz said...

I was so shocked and confused seeing Colin's name for the comment. Haha... you can impersonate him now.

I might have to become the proud owner of one of the hats.