Monday, January 5, 2009

water partners

Break my butt... that wasn't much of a break, and to be honest, I don't feel revitalized or refreshed.  Alas, class will start again tomorrow and it's looking like I might be having another one of those terms.  On a brighter side of things, I've been doing some research on interesting NGOs and NPOs that I might try to work for in 8-9months.  Here's one that I found that could utilize my interests and knowledge in international water issues:

WaterPartners International is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization committed to providing safe drinking water and sanitation to people in developing countries. Working in partnership with donors and local communities, we have helped thousands of people develop accessible, sustainable, community-level water supplies. WaterPartners not only offers traditional, grant-funded programs, but is also harnessing the power of micro-finance to address the world water crisis.

No comments: