Friday, June 19, 2009

employment

Wednesday I officially took a job with Peaceful Paths Domestic Abuse Network in Gainesville Florida.  My position is a Violence Prevention Advocate.  My duties are to facilitate teen groups/presentations on a weekly basis, adapt violence prevention curriculum as needed, conduct professional and community awareness presentations as requested, and serve as the right hand to the Director of Violence Prevention to establish and maintain connections.

I am so excited.  Not only is it a HUGE relief to have a job, but this one is something I feel passionate about and has some immediate impact on society.  I'm so happy about it; I've told pretty much everyone I've come into contact with.  I also gush about it upon inquiry.  I fear I'm slightly annoying... but honestly, I don't give a shit.  3 months and 45 resumes later, I'm employed with a kick ass organization doing something worth while.  P.S. I have yet to graduate.  I'm on cloud nine.  I can't wait for this new adventure to begin.

You can find out more about the organization here.  To learn more about the Violence Prevention Program go to the first scroll bar, go to the last option and click.

No comments: