Thursday, June 25, 2009

physics can be beautiful

Lauren Nassef - Magnetic Fields 
June 24, 2009


If you've been following me in real life at all, you've probably heard me complain/bitch/rant about my physics classes for about seven months now.  I hate them.  They make me miserable.  I just don't get it, and I really would like to.  The past two months we've been working on magnetic fields.  Rather interesting little suckers as long as you're not being forced to calculate shit regarding them.  The above drawing, by Lauren Nassef, reminded me that I do find the subject intriguing and occasionally even beautiful.  I just don't care about the strength of the field or the forces involved.  Fair enough.

* I recommend clicking the image to enlarge or the link to Lauren's blog.  The tiny image doesn't do the piece justice.

No comments: