Tuesday, June 9, 2009

relaxation flowing

Sunday afternoon creeps in like a strange chill.  I'm in a funk.  I decide no work will be done today.  Nothing is due tomorrow and my brain needs a break.  I attempt to cuddle with the kids.  I put birdface in my pocket.  I threaten to eat him.  He tweets in a only mildly irritated protest.  After all, we are seeing who can be the most obnoxious.  I pull ahead, but only for a minute.  Sweety sits in my hair and does some rearranging.  Everything is out of place.  It tickles.   My laughter startles her and she yells at me from across the room.  After cuddle/play time, we all fluff up and take a nap.  But first, I annoyingly dance around and insist they smile for the camera. 













My plants actually look quite happy.  I'm surprised.  I've been trying really hard to remember that just because it rains outside, doesn't mean the inside plants are getting water.  Seems simple enough... but is proving to be quite the challenge.

No comments: